Live At The Hollywood Palladium Remastered Reissue Out November 13, 2020
Keith Richards And The X-Pensive Winos
Live at the Hollywood Palladium
‘The Loosest Tight Band You’ve Ever Heard’
Limited Edition Super Deluxe Box Set
Released November 13th 2020 on BMG
On December 15th, 1988, Keith Richards and his incomparable band, The X-Pensive Winos, played the Hollywood Palladium. It was the penultimate show in a 12 city US tour and a night both band and audience will never forget. Now this legendary concert is available for the first time as a limited edition box set.
Across all formats – Boxset, CD, 2LP vinyl & digital - Keith Richards leads his absolutely smokin’ band through one classic after another including his landmark solo tracks ‘Take It So Hard’, ‘Make No Mistake’, to Stones classics ‘Happy’ and ‘Connection’. Exclusive to the Boxset and Digital formats are 3 previously unreleased tracks ‘Little T&A’, ‘You Don’t Move Me’ and the Lennon-McCartney penned hit ‘I Wanna Be Your Man’.
“The real stuff,” is how Keith Richards describes The X-Pensive Winos.
“I wish to thank all the guys in this crazy beautiful band. Something to love. I know I do.”
Keith had assembled the core of this band throughout 1987 and ’88 during the ‘Talk Is Cheap’ sessions. For this first ever live solo Keith Richards tour, the stellar line-up was a who’s who of the finest musicians on the planet: guitarist Waddy Wachtel (Everly Brothers, Fleetwood Mac, Linda Ronstandt, Stevie Nicks), drummer Steve Jordan (long time Keith collaborator), bassist Charley Drayton, keyboard player Ivan Neville (Rolling Stones collaborator), singer Sarah Dash, and on saxophone, the inimitable, late great, long time Rolling Stones sideman Bobby Keys.
Live At The Hollywood Palladium comes as a special deluxe box set, presented in a matching folio, wrapped in a black cotton replica of the tour shirt sold that night, complete with a satin VIP pass on top, also including an impeccable all-new essay ‘The Loosest Tight Band You’ve Ever Heard’ by renowned rock writer David Fricke. It comes as a reissue after the original album was released due to popularity of the bootlegs.
‘Live at the Hollywood Palladium’ Tracklisting
- Take It So Hard
- How I Wish
- I Could Have Stood You Up
- Too Rude
- Make No Mistakes
- Time Is On My Side
- Big Enough
- Whip It Up
- Locked Away
- I Wanna Be Your Man (Box Set and Digital Only)
- Little T&A (Box Set and Digital Only)
- You Don’t Move Me (Box Set and Digital Only)
Super Deluxe Box Set:
- The remastered album on 2 180g LPs
- 10” vinyl of 3 unreleased bonus tracks (I Wanna Be Your Man, Little T&A, You Don’t Move Me) Exclusive to this box set only
- Remastered CD of original album
- DVD of original concert film Exclusive to this box set only
- 40 page, hardback book with David Fricke essay featuring a new interview with Keith, plus extensive rare and unseen photos from Keith’s archives
Reproductions of archival materials from the tour including:
- Tour press release
- Keith’s handwritten setlist
- Hand-drawn band dressing room sign
- Tour itinerary
- Press photos
- Ticket stub
- VIP & backstage passes
- Keith’s custom Hollywood Palladium plectrum
- Promotional wine label & bag given away at the show . . . and more!
Other formats available include:
- 1CD remastered album
- 2LP 180g remastered album
- 2LP 180g Limited Edition Red remastered album